All services are offered to All Ages in All Content Areas, unless otherwise noted.
Honors and Advanced Placement Levels for many subjects are also available upon request.
Centerpoint Learning incorporates Making Math Real™ -based strategies and methods in Math Instruction.
Duration and frequency of sessions are personalized to fit each client's needs. Please contact me today for a rate quote. (510) 828-5738
Focus of Instruction may be:
- Homework Help
- Test Prep
- Study Skills
- Remedial (Review Previous Concepts)
- Introductory (Preview New Concepts)
- Enrichment (At or Above Current Grade Level)
- Student-to-Instructor Ratio of 6:1 or lower Discussion Group
- Subject-Specific Study (SSS)
- Reinforces & Expands on Content Presented in Class
- Test Prep Focus or Homework Help
- Sessions may be 1-2 hrs and meet once or twice weekly depending on the course
(i.e. Athenian AP Chemistry, Monte Vista Algebra, Castro Valley U.S. History, etc.)
Standardized Test Prep
(i.e. PSAT/ SAT/ ACT/ SAT II Subject Tests/ ISEE/ HSPT/ CAHSEE/GED/ GRE/ CBEST, placement tests, etc)
Sessions are prescriptive to meet the student's needs.
Individual or Small Group. Rates may vary accordingly.
- Official Practice Test Materials Included
- Evaluation of Student's Practice Test Results
- Valuable Test-Taking Tips and Strategies Provided
- Instruction & Re-test in Student's Area(s) of Weakness
- Hands-on Art, Science, and Math ProjectsHands On Art Science and Math Projects
- Ages 4-12
- Children work in small groups using their imagination and creativity while learning and having fun in a safe environment.
- All Materials Provided
- Flexible Hours for Your Convenience
- Children are supervised and guided by experienced project coordinators
Psychological services are provided by a Licensed Educational Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist/Learning Disabilities Specialist.
Call or Email for a Rate Quote
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Aptitude/Achievement Tests
- Learning Style Inventory
- LD Screening
- AD/HD Screening
- Psychological Evaluation/Recommendations
- Cognitive Training
- Social Skills
- Remote - Paper Editing
Students may email any papers or projects they would like professionally edited.
- School-Family Partnership Support
Director provides recommendations for 504 or IEP accommodations and can also attend meetings at the school with the parent(s).
- College Planning Assistance
One-to-One Assistance with College Selection, College Applications, Personal Statements, College Entrance Exams, etc.